"AS VIRUS JOLTS WEST WING, TRUMP ENDS TALKS ON AID"
Let's say that Obama were in the White House on this date, would you be surprised to see the following headline:
"AS VIRUS JOLTS WEST WING, OBAMA TEAMS CONTINUES SEARCH FOR VIRUS"
In the second scenario, insert TRUMP for OBAMA.
I think everyone can see what is meant.
From the get-go, however, the New York Times has led the way in maligning an elected president, as can be seen in the image above, right after the election in 2016. I encourage folks to keep their own record.
The true downside of this media bias is its effect on the people of the Upper West Side, where I live. Their blood pressure rises every time they look at the front page of the Times. They have been turned into haters. They wish an elected president would die. These are people who are well educated, have a good income, and so on. But the worst part is that well-educated people have simply stopped thinking. I have friends who have law or literature degrees who nowadays reading nothing but The New York Times. One recently told me he finds even the long essays in the New Yorker too long. How pathetic is that. People in the former Soviet Union read through the bias, knew what the papers reported was false or biased. Americans, living in a free country, have given up thinking.

No comments:
Post a Comment